Thursday, December 26, 2013

Hey there, Bright Eyes.

I went to Starbucks today, and while I was waiting for my soy no water chai, I overheard a group of women talking about this boy with the purple and blue mohawk sitting at a different table. I am certain he knows they are talking about him. They keep pointing at him and whispering to each other. They didn't know anything about him, maybe he was having the worst day of his life, maybe holiday's aren't a happy time for him, maybe, it's the best day he has had in a long time, maybe he's getting ready to tell someone he loves them for the very first time in his life. Maybe, just maybe, that kid is the nicest person they will never get to know. As I leave, I can hear Atmosphere playing loudly through the headphones that he is using to block out the world. I take a minute to compliment his choice in music, and he looks up at me. He has a cute smile and bright eyes, and in the end, he gets the last laugh. He will get through this life just fine without having to care or hear what they think. Be kind to one another, it's not that difficult

No comments:

Post a Comment